E3 2013: The Roadmap To Victory for Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony
Xbox One Trailer: Quantum Break
Xbox One will launch worldwide later this year; CoD Ghosts DLC will launch on Xbox One first
Guster's Ryan Miller finds inspiration in classic NES games for Kings of Summer soundtrack
The Wii U: It’s All Just A Little Bit of History Repeating
Not The One: A Comic About the Xbox One Reveal Created in MS Paint
Microsoft executive believes the public will buy ONE BILLION next-gen consoles
Daily Scoop: May 24, 2013 – So tired
Jonathan Blow’s The Witness is the latest PS4 game on Conversations With Creators
Guster’s Ryan Miller finds inspiration in classic NES games for Kings of Summer soundtrack
Weekly Warp-Up: The Single-Stick Edition
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Do you miss the hustle and bustle of E3? Even though gaming’s biggest showcase was only a few weeks ago. I guess Nintendo does as they just held another Nintendo Direct presentation, dropping a few bombshells that would have made more sense to come out of Los Angeles.
The biggest story from the presentation was the announcement of the 3DS XL. Scheduled for an August 19 release and sporting screens that are 90% larger than the current 3DS, the 3DS XL is definitely a unique beast.
If the idea of the 3DS XL doesn’t appeal to your (and the general Internet consensus is that the system makes no sense), there’s always the other Nintendo Direct announcements including Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask‘s US release (in November) and the first English-language trailer for Pokemon Black 2/Pokemon White 2.
And there was also the news that Namco Bandai will be developing Super Smash Bros. 4. I don’t know about you, but I think that’s pretty E3-worthy.
Hit the jump for more news that wasn’t quite E3-worthy from last week.
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Pokemon Conquest, Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, Brave, and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, and more
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Order Up!!, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: The Amazing Spider-Man, Spec Ops: The Line, Record of Agarest War 2, and more
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- BioWare has confirmed the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will be available to download on June 26.
- Square Enix dates Quantum Conundrum for the PSN and XBLA.
- “The Amazing Stan Lee” webswings through New York in this awesome The Amazing Spider-Man trailer.
- The Xbox Live Indie Games version of Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 has been slightly delayed.
- Microsoft has posted the release schedule and prices of this year’s Summer of Arcade titles.
- Walmart outs the first details of Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified.
- THQ has canceled the Saints Row: The Third – Enter the Dominatrix expansion. But they plan to include it in the upcoming Saints Row 4.
- Capcom will be bringing Okami HD to the PSN this Fall.
- Doom 3: BFG Edition will be available in October.
- Activision has released new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 maps for June.
- Microsoft has jumped into the tablet fray with the announcement of the Windows 8-powered Surface.
- Sega has delayed the release of Anarchy Reigns until sometime in 2013.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- The Xbox Live Rewards program might soon start handing out rewards to Achievement hunters.
- Hideo Kojima confirms (again) that Metal Gear Solid 5 is in the works and that it’ll star Solid Snake.
Kevin Tancharoen’s rebooted Mortal Kombat film franchise may include a character who discovers he has supernatural ninja abilities while working at a supermarket. Really?
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
Magic 2012, Adventures of Shuggy coming to XBLA tomorrow
PS Store Today: Ghost Recon Future Solider, Lego Batman 2, more
XBLA Today: Magic: The Gathering 2013