Xbox One Trailer: Quantum Break
Xbox One will launch worldwide later this year; CoD Ghosts DLC will launch on Xbox One first
Nintendo Download: Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 2, Starship Damrey, more
The Wii U: It’s All Just A Little Bit of History Repeating
Batman: Arkham Origins: First trailer, Joker confirmed, Deathstroke playable
“Historic IP” from Rare will get a new Xbox One game at E3 2013
Infinity Ward confirms Call of Duty: Ghosts is coming to PS4
Kickstart This! How To Get More Coin For Your Game Project
We try to figure out the Xbox One’s used game policy
Daily Scoop: May 22, 2013 – Triumphant return
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition 1.7.3 update coming tonight
We’re on the verge of another major update for Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition. How on the verge? How about tonight at 10 PM (Eastern Time)!
Tonight’s title update will bring the game up to version 1.7.3, which will add Pistons, Shears, stackable fences, the Character Skin Selector, and more to your Minecraft experience.
Hit the jump for a complete list of everything that’s been changed or added in this the update.
- Added Pistons & Sticky Pistons.
- Added stackable fences.
- Added Shears – required to get wool from sheep, and to collect leaf blocks.
- TNT needs Flint and Steel or Redstone to detonate.
- Redstone wire will now connect to a repeater.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick.
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from Downloadable Content skin packs.
- Added lighting improvements (brought forward from 1.8.2 update) and snow & rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80, and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
Tutorial World Changes and Additions
- Added optional tutorial for Pistons and Redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using Pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cactii and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for Flint and Steel.
- Fix for Note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for Netherracks re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them.
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Removed Herobrine.
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
“Amazing new features” planned for next Minecraft XBLA update; Skin Pack 1 announced
Here’s what Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition’s Update 8 will include
First Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition patch will be available tomorrow