For the second straight month, Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II stands tall as the best-selling game of the month, per The NPD Group’s December 2012 report.
The first person shooter fended off a bevy of sequels including the rest of the top five: Just Dance 4, Halo 4, Assassin’s Creed III, and Madden NFL 13. In fact, not a single non-sequel cracked the top ten last month.
Once again, The NPD Group is reporting (via Game Informer) that game sales and console sales are down relative to 2011 (which was itself down from 2010). Of course, the NPD Group’s inability to track sales of downloadable games makes this statistic less than helpful.
The full top ten from last month can be found after the break.
Bestselling Retail Games in December 2012
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
2. Just Dance 4 (Wii, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS3)
3. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
4. Assassin’s Creed III (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
5. Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, Wii U)
6. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
7. NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
8. Skylanders Giants (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)
9. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
10. FIFA Soccer 13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, Wii U, 3DS, PSP)