Mortal Kombat 10 is in development and will be released alongside next film adaptation
Tales of Zestiria, Tales of Xillia 2 US release announced by Namco Bandai
See BioWare developers working on Mass Effect 4
Skylanders 4 is in development and set for release this year
Retro Studios confirms they've got a new Wii U game in the works
Weekly Warp-Up: Time Is On My Side Edition
New Releases: TitanFall, Dark Souls II, Yoshi’s New Island, More
Tales From the Borderlands will tell a two-sided Rashomon-style tale
Sony is bringing The Last of Us to a movie theater near you
A Playing Card With Fangs: How Puzzle Games Use Characters to Get in Our Heads
Treyarch officially unveils Revolution map pack for CoD Black Ops II
It appears that the rumors are true. Announced yesterday by Treyarch and Activision, Call of Duty: Black Ops II‘s first downloadable map pack will be known as Revolution.
Available to download from the Xbox Live Marketplace on January 29, Revolution will include four new multiplayer maps, a new Zombies map, a new Zombies gametype, and a new weapon (The Peacekeeper, a new SMG/assault rifle hybrid). You can watch the trailer above for all the details on the new maps or you can read about them yourself right here:
- “Downhill” - Set in the ski country of the French Alps, where players fight their way down the slopes and through a ski lodge, while avoiding the moving hazards of the mountain’s gondola system.
- “Grind” - Transports players to the historic birthplace of skateboarding, California’s Venice Beach, where they will battle it out through the ramps and half-pipes of this massive, epic skate park in a multiplayer environment comprised of unique curved architecture requiring players to adapt and learn new ways to take cover.
- “Hydro” - Opponents must dodge the floodwaters as they contend for dominance of this hydroelectric dam facility in Pakistan, filled with treacherous spillways.
- “Mirage” - Pits players in competition amidst the sand dunes of a dilapidated luxury resort in the sandstorm-devastated Gobi Desert, where a range of long-distance and close-quarters combat will mix up the action for all play styles.
- “Die Rise” (Zombies) - Transports players to the Far East, where they will attempt to overcome a zombie infestation inside a series of collapsed skyscrapers towering over the remains of an obliterated Chinese city.
“Die Rise” will be joined by “Turned,” a new Zombies gametype that lets players play as the undead for the first time.
The Revolution map pack will be available for 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) or as a free download for owners of the Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Season Pass. Revolution will be released on additional platforms (including the PC, PS3, and hopefully the Wii U) at a later date.
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
CoD: Black Ops II Revolution map pack coming to PC, PS3 on February 28
No update on CoD: Black Ops II DLC for Wii U
Rumor: First CoD Black Ops II DLC titled “Revolution,” coming to Xbox 360 next month