Icelandic developer CCP Games has announced that Dust 514, the PlayStation 3-exclusive free-to-play MMO FPS will be exiting its open beta phase this coming May.
CEO of CCP Games Hilmar Veigar Pétursson said, “Reaching this point has required many years, hundreds of CCP employees, and the engagement of millions of players who contributed fantastic feedback during the beta process. Now we start the real journey, which, decades from now, we will look back on with astonishment at all we accomplished. The Eve Universe will outlive us all.”
Here’s what Dust 514 players can expect to see in the full release:
- Massive Persistent Universe: Wage war on the surfaces of far-flung planets with countless environmental combinations.
- Planetary Conquest: Marshal your forces in a continuous, ever-changing battle to conquer the worlds of New Eden and control their resources.
- Large-scale Warfare: Vie for control of unique sci-fi battlefields with up to 32 players in simultaneous combat.
- Endless Customization: Create custom mercenaries with lethal dropsuits, skills and weapons.
- Vehicles On-Demand: Acquire, outfit and deploy heavily armed and armored vehicles, on land and in the skies.
- Social Sandbox: Build a formidable corporation with thousands of players as you seize the opportunities and bounties that come with galactic conflict.
- Connected Experience: For the first time ever, join forces in a cross-platform gaming experience with the immortal starship pilots of Eve Online to conquer New Eden, one skirmish at a time.
Dust 514 will officially deploy on May 14.