Rocksteady’s Arkham trilogy went out with a bang last month, and it looks like a lot of fans went along for the ride, as The NPD Group has confirmed Batman: Arkham Knight was the best-selling game for June 2015.
Aside from the problems with the PC version, WB Games had a pretty good month as four of the publisher’s titles placed in the top ten. Newcomer Lego Jurassic World joined Arkham Knight near the top of the list in the #3 spot, while The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (#4) and Mortal Kombat X (#8) held over from May. NPD’s Liam Callahan told GamesIndustry.biz, “Warner Bros. Interactive is the top corporate publisher so far in 2015, with dollar sales growing 217% versus the first half of 2014.”
But WB Games wasn’t the only company having a nice Summer as Bethesda has a hit on their hands with The Elder Scrolls Online. It was also a good month to be a squid as Nintendo’s Splatoon held strong at #5, and became the only platform exclusive to crack the top ten.
The industry as a whole should be very happy about last month’s sales as consumers spent a lot more than they did last year. Overall sales were up 18%, $869 million versus $734 million, over June 2014. And that includes increases in hardware (+8%), software (+21%), and accessories (+34%).
The complete top ten list of best-selling games for June 2015 can be found after the break.
Bestselling Games in June 2015
1. Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
2. The Elder Scrolls Online (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
3. Lego Jurassic World (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, Vita)
4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
5. Splatoon (Wii U)
6. Minecraft (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
7. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
8. Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
9. NBA 2K15 (Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)