Remedy made their bones with Max Payne‘s “Bullet Time” mechanic, so it’s no surprise that they’re dipping back into temporal trickery with next year’s Quantum Break. During their Gamescom Briefing today, Microsoft announced that the Xbox One-exclusive will be released on April 5, 2016.
The publisher unveiled a brand new trailer for Quantum Break, which highlights a lot of the time-bending powers employed by the game’s main character, Jack Joyce. The trailer also serves as an introduction to the game’s star-studded cast, which features Shawn Ashmore (X-Men‘s Iceman) as Jack and Dominic Monaghan (Lost‘s Charlie) as his brother William. Other cast members include:
- Aidan Gillen as Paul Serene
- Lance Reddick as Martin Hatch
- Marshall Allman as Charlie Wincott
- Patrick Heusinger as Liam Burke
- Mimi Michaels as Fiona Miller
- Amelia Rose Blaire as Amy Ferraro
- Brooke Nevin as Emily Burke
- Courtney Hope as Beth Wilder
- Jacqueline Pinol as Sofia Amaral
- Jeannie Bolet as Kate Ogawa
- Sean Durrie as Nick Marsters
All of these actors will also play a role in Quantum Break’s companion live-action TV series, which will tell the game’s story from the villain’s perspective.