The Big List of Nintendo Switch Games: Nintendo Switch Presentation Update
Square Enix will release Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV animated film this Fall
Here's a 14-second teaser trailer for Gun Media's Friday the 13th: The Game
Final Fantasy XV: Platinum Demo is available now and includes a side-story that's not part of the full game
New Releases: Oculus Rift, MLB The Show 16, Resident Evil 6, More
Strafe will be released for the PC on March 28
Gigantic: Exile in the North update adds winter-themed skins and a goofy yeti named Pakko
You can sign up for an Injustice 2 Beta right now
Xbox Store Today: Metrico+, I Am Bread, Toby The Secret Mine, more
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time #34: Super Mario Bros. 3
Street Fighter V’s March Update will be available today
Capcom has announced the March Update for Street Fighter V will be available today, March 28. Though players hoping to enter the arena with Alex will have to wait a few more days, as the game’s first downloadable character will be released on Wednesday, March 30.
However, Capcom also said (via the Capcom-Unity blog) that Street Fighter V’s in-game Zenny (“real money”) Shop isn’t ready for primetime just yet, and Alex will temporarily be available as a free download for everyone until its up and running. According to Capcom, there’s no estimate on when the Zenny Shop will be operational, but “[o]nce the Zenny Shop launches, the free trial for any DLC characters that released prior to the Zenny Shop opening will end, and players will need to either use Fight Money, Zenny, or the Season Pass to access those characters.”
The March Update will also include a new tutorial mode, a number of improvements to the Battle Lounge, and a rematch option for Ranked matches. And you can find more information about all of these changes after the break.
- Challenge Mode
- Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
- Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
- Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
- Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
- Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
- Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
- Online Rematch Option: Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.
- Battle Lounge Improvements: Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
- Bug Fixes and Gameplay Balancing