During Nintendo’s Switch Presentation, the consolemaker revealed a few new details about the JoyCon Controllers:
JoyCon Controller Features
- Taken together, the JoyCon Controllers use a traditional button layout
- Separately, the Analog Sticks can be pressed
- Includes an NFC reader for Amiibo figures
- JoyCon Controllers can be flipped sideways, NES-style, and they’ll include L and R Buttons.
- A Capture Button will be available for capturing screenshots, and in the future, video. You’ll be able to share the screens you capture with your friends via social media.
- A Wii Remote-like acceleromator and motion sensors will also be included
- Multiple color variations will be available, including Neon Blue and Neon Red at launch
- JoyCon strap accessory (acts like the Wii Remote strap)
- The Right JoyCon has a motion IR Camera and can recognize hand features and distance
- JoyCon Controllers have a more advanced version of rumble, called HD Rumble
And in case you missed it, the Nintendo Switch will launch on March 3.