EA confirms Battlefield 6 is coming in 2018; Battlefield 1 is getting Esports Mode and GOTY Edition this Fall
EA closes Visceral Games and indefinitely delays their Star Wars game... Sony announces two Star Wars: Battlefront II PS4 bundles
Wulverblade, Etrian Odyssey V, Yono and the Celestial Elephants, more added to Nintendo eShop
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time #66: Mega Man 2
Ubisoft will release Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune on November 7... Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass and Free DLC detailed
Nintendo has sold 2 million Switch consoles in US… Switch update adds game clip recording and save data transfer
Fire Emblem Warriors, The Mummy Demastered, Jackbox Party Pack 4, more added to Nintendo eShop
WWE 2K18, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Rogue Trooper Redux, Dungeons 3 added to Xbox Store
Gran Turismo Sport, WWE 2K18, Jackbox Party Pack 4, more added to PS Store
Square Enix will re-release Star Ocean: The Last Hope in November for PC and PS4… 8-Bit Adventure Anthology brings back Shadowgate, The Uninvited, and Deja Vu on October 31
All Articles: God Hand
That’s right, Sony has added the freakin’ kitchen sink to the PlayStation Store this week. OK, not an actual kitchen sink, but there are so many amazing new releases your Internet connection may not be able to handle all the awesome.
They are, in no particular order…
- Crysis – Crytek’s first person shooter that set a new standard for game graphics on the PC is finally available to download on the PS3.
- NBA Jam: On Fire Edition – Everything that made last year’s NBA Jam reboot a hoot has been crammed into this downloadable version.
- Eufloria – This week’s Only On PSN offering, Eufloria is “an addictive game of space exploration, strategy and conquest, plant growth and bio mechanical evolution!”
- Sega Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5 Part 2 – Two Dreamcast classics remade for the PS3.
- Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and Shift 2: Unleashed – Two PS3 games that have been made available for PSN consumption.
- PS2 Classics (Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Odin Sphere, Ring of Red) – As promised, this quintet of PS2 classics is now available to download from the PSN. They don’t include spiffier graphics or Trophy support, but they’re all classics in every sense of the word.
Also available this week is the PSone Classic Chrono Trigger, the first DLC for Portal 2 (“Peer Review,” which is completely free), and a downloadable version of FIFA Soccer 12 for the PSP.
Wow. Your wallet weeps. Or at least, it should. More details on all of this week’s new releases and game add-ons can be found at the PlayStation.Blog.
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory is one of the greatest PS2 games ever. No really, it is. If you’ve never played it, you’ll get your chance tomorrow as it’s being added to the PlayStation Store thanks to Sony’s latest promotion, “Only On PlayStation Network.”
PS3 playable versions of more “rare” PS2 titles, including God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Odin Sphere, and Ring of Red, will join Maximo on the PS Store tomorrow.
Sony plans to use the Only On PSN promotion to highlight multiple PSN exclusives during the month of October. These highlights include Sideway: New York on October 11 and InFamous: Festival of Blood and PixelJunk Sidescroller on October 25.
Savings in in store for players who purchase Only On PSN titles as well. PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive a 20% discount during the launch week of each Only On PSN game and any PSN user who spends $60 or more in October will receive a $10 PSN credit in November.
Hit the jump for the complete release schedule for the Only On PlayStation Network promotion. (more…)