The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time #17: Final Fantasy VII
New Retail Releases: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Dragon Quest Heroes II, More
Gun Media and Illfonic will release Friday the 13th: The Game on May 26
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time: An Introduction and The Top 100
EA Sports will release Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18, NHL 18, NBA Live 18, UFC 3 this year
The Adventure Log: What Happened on April 26, 2017
Xbox Store Today: Outlast II, Romance of Three Kingdoms XIII, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, more
Activision officially unveils Call of Duty: WWII with an hour-long livestream and the first trailer
Daily Scoop: April 26, 2017 – Humble Fantasy Sale and Steam turns on the Bat Signal
Xbox Achievements from Injustice 2 confirm The Joker will appear in the game
All Articles: Runner 3
More than 60 “Nindies” are in development for Nintendo Switch including SteamWorld Dig 2, Runner 3, Yooka-Laylee, and more
Nintendo presented their first-ever Nindies Showcase for the Nintendo Switch today, and promised that more than 60 games from independent developers will be available for the console in 2017. This includes a staggering number of exclusives and timed exclusives such as…
- Image & Form’s SteamWorld Dig 2, which will be available first on the Switch this Summer.
- Choice Provisions’s Runner 3, which is in development exclusively for the Switch, and will be released this Fall.
- Vertex Pop’s Graceful Explosion Machine, a side-scrolling shooter that’ll be released for the Switch first this April.
- Team Shifty’s Mr. Shifty, an overhead action game that’ll also be available first for the Switch this April.
- Cardboard Robot’s Pocket Rumble, a retro-styled fighting game that’ll only be available to console owners on the Switch this March.
Other highlights from the Nindies Showcase include confirmation that Yooka-Laylee will be available for the Switch “soon” and that Blaster Master Zero will be released simultaneously for the 3DS and Switch on March 9.
Nintendo’s complete Nindies Showcase presentation has been embedded above, and you can learn more about all the games featured in the video after the break. (more…)
Choice Provisions has announced that the next game in the Bit.Trip Runner franchise will be released sometime in 2017. Known simply as Runner 3, the developer isn’t ready to reveal which platforms will host the third game in the series, but they do have some big plans… umm, planned:
- You can expect friends both old and new to show up in Runner 3.
- Runner 3 is far and away our biggest and most ambitious game yet!
- We’ve put together this cool website for you, where we plan to offer up weekly blog posts with more information about the game. We’re going to be very open about the development of Runner 3, including all the nitty-gritty details you never knew you wanted.
- Charles Martinet is returning to the role that made him famous: The Narrator.
While they’re playing things pretty close to the vest for now, Choice Provisions also plans to solicit feedback from fans to influence the game’s development:
We plan to be very open with you about the creation of Runner 3, and we even plan to solicit feedback occasionally and offer user polls to give everyone a chance to chime in and help us think of things like level names, possible unlockable outfits, and more.
More information about Runner 3 will surely be announced soon.