Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Halo 4 set records in November 2012. The Wii U also opened strong with sales of over 400,000 consoles. And the Christmas rush resulted in big numbers for new releases like Assassin’s Creed III, Just Dance 4, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted. But that still didn’t stop The NPD Group from reporting that retail game sales dropped 11% from November 2011.
“Despite an overall retail video game decline of 11 percent, November had the smallest year-over-year decrease we have seen for dollar and unit sales so far this year. This is a sign of momentum going into the December holiday period,” said NPD analyst Liam Callahan.
You can view the complete top ten from last month after the break, and remember, despite what The NPD Group says, the console game market is still in good shape.
Bestselling Retail Games in November 2012
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
2. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
3. Assassin’s Creed III (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
4. Just Dance 4 (Wii, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS3)
5. Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360, PS, Wii, Vita, Wii U)
6. Skylanders Giants (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)
7. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3, Xbox 360, Vita, PC)
8. NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Wii U, PC)
9. WWE ’13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii)
10. FIFA Soccer 13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS, Wii U, PSP)