It’s hard to be a Mega Man fan nowadays, and that’s because the Blue Bomber hasn’t starred in an original game since the release of Mega Man 10 all the way back in 2010. But after the successful launch of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection last year, Capcom has announced plans to bring the character’s NES adventures to mobile devices in January 2017.
Revealed yesterday on the Capcom-Unity blog, the games will be available for Android and iOS devices, though it’s currently unknown how Capcom plans to tone down the brutal difficulty of Mega Man’s classic adventures and make them playable with a touchscreen:
- Mega Man Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man 2 Mobile – Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way.
- Mega Man 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears – Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe – the enigmatic Mr. X!
Capcom is encouraging fans to sign up for a Pre-Registration List to receive “special offers” and “to be one of the first to be notified when the game is available.”