Check out 45 minutes of gameplay from Mega Man Legacy Collection right here
The Frames Per Second Fight is Just the Return of the Bit Wars... We All Need to Move On
Shigeru Miyamoto confirms that Pikmin 4 is in development
New Releases: Lost Dimension, Legend of Kay, BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend Vita
Microsoft has enlisted singing puppets to persuade you to pre-order Rare Replay
Xbox Store Today: King’s Quest Chapter 1, Life Is Strange Episode 4, more
It’s Always Blocky in Minecraft… because Rob McElhenney is directing the movie
Go Set A Watchbird… and watch the first gameplay trailers for Angry Birds 2
Players will be able to unlock Premium Show DLC in Guitar Hero Live by completing songs
Japanese Super Mario Maker gameplay trailer gives us a look at Amiibo guest characters
Most Recent: 3DS
Square Enix announced the next game in the long-running Dragon Quest franchise today, while also kicking off the frenzy for more information on Nintendo’s NX system.
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of the Departed Time is the name of the next game in the series and its in development for the 3DS, PS4, and Nintendo’s NX system. The announcement event was held in Japan, and currently, Square Enix has only confirmed that the game will receive a Japanese release. However, we Dragon Quest fans in America should remain hopeful as the eleventh entry in the series will drop the MMO style of Dragon Quest X and return to the franchise’s single-player roots.
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of the Departed Time will be directed by Yuji Horii, with character designs by Akira Toriyama, and music by Koichi Sugiyama. A development house by the name of Orca will assist with the game’s production.
We don’t know much else about the game at this point, though we do know that the 3DS version will include a 3D game world on the top screen and a 2D sprite-based world map on the bottom screen. It’s a pretty neat effect and could make the handheld version of Dragon Quest XI the one to get. We also know that Toy Logic will assist in the development of the 3DS version.
A release date for Dragon Quest XI: In Search of the Departed Time wasn’t announced, but you can watch the reveal presentation above (apologies, but it’s entirely in Japanese).
Do you love the Mega Man franchise? And do you have 45 minutes to spare? If you answered yes to both of these questions, I think you should check out the Mega Man Legacy Collection video embedded above.
Hosted by Greg “GregaMan” Moore and Brett “Minish Capcom” Elston of the Capcom-Unity blog, the video dives deep into the compilation and explores the brand new Challenge Mode, as well the Museum Mode, which includes a very extensive collection of Mega Man arcana.
The Mega Man Legacy Collection will be available for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One this Summer. A 3DS version will follow this Fall.
Nintendo Download: Binding of Isaac Rebirth, 3D Streets of Rage 2, Dragon Fantasy, more
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and its basement-ful of monstrous monsters, comes to the 3DS and Wii U as part of this week’s Nintendo Download. It’s joined by a variety of other titles, such as…
- 3D Streets of Rage 2 (3DS), a portable remake of one of the best beat ’em ups from the Genesis era.
- Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (3DS, Wii U), a retro-styled RPG that features “warriors, princesess, pirates, zombies, and crazy old woodsmen.”
- Legend of Kay Anniversary (Wii U) will be available on July 28 and is a brand new remake of everyone’s favorite PS2 game to star a karate cat.
More information on all of these games (and a few other new releases) can be found after the break. (more…)
After signing a publishing deal with Deep Silver, Keiji Inafune’s Mighty No. 9 was given a September 15 release date by the publisher for its launch on the PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U Xbox 360, and Xbox One. But now it appears that that release date is in jeopardy as nearly every major video game retailer has changed the game’s release date to a placeholder date of “December 31, 2016″ instead.
The placeholder release date, which strongly suggests a delay for Mighty No. 9, is currently shown on Amazon, GameStop, Walmart, and Newegg. However, the game’s original release date is still listed at Target and Best Buy. So hope is not lost.
VideoGamer attempted to get to the bottom of this by contacting Deep Silver, but the publisher declined to comment. Uh oh, I think I lost that hope. Can someone help me find it?
Hopefully Deep Silver or Keiji Inafune and his team at Comcept will clear up Mighty No. 9’s release date soon.
Rocksteady’s Arkham trilogy went out with a bang last month, and it looks like a lot of fans went along for the ride, as The NPD Group has confirmed Batman: Arkham Knight was the best-selling game for June 2015.
Aside from the problems with the PC version, WB Games had a pretty good month as four of the publisher’s titles placed in the top ten. Newcomer Lego Jurassic World joined Arkham Knight near the top of the list in the #3 spot, while The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (#4) and Mortal Kombat X (#8) held over from May. NPD’s Liam Callahan told GamesIndustry.biz, “Warner Bros. Interactive is the top corporate publisher so far in 2015, with dollar sales growing 217% versus the first half of 2014.”
But WB Games wasn’t the only company having a nice Summer as Bethesda has a hit on their hands with The Elder Scrolls Online. It was also a good month to be a squid as Nintendo’s Splatoon held strong at #5, and became the only platform exclusive to crack the top ten.
The industry as a whole should be very happy about last month’s sales as consumers spent a lot more than they did last year. Overall sales were up 18%, $869 million versus $734 million, over June 2014. And that includes increases in hardware (+8%), software (+21%), and accessories (+34%).
The complete top ten list of best-selling games for June 2015 can be found after the break. (more…)
Six titles were added to the Nintendo eShop today. In no particular order, they are…
- Tiny Galaxy (Wii U) is a side-scrolling platformer that takes place on a variety of planets of different size, each with its own gravity and rotation.
- Blaster Master (Wii U) is a beloved NES side-scroller that is now available on the Wii U’s Virtual Console for the first time.
- Airport Hero Narita: I Am An Air Traffic Controller (3DS) is an air traffic controller sim.
- I Love My Dogs (3DS) is a pet ownership sim.
- G.G. Series: Score Attacker (DSi) is a vertically-scrolling space shooter.
- G.G. Series: Vector (DSi) is a falling block puzzler.
More information on all of these games can be found after the break. (more…)
UPDATE (8:15 PM): We’re in the final stretch of Amazon’s Prime Day 2015 festivities and another PS4 bundle is available to purchase. More deals will surely go live before midnight, but here’s what Prime members can pick up at a steep discount right now…
- 500GB PlayStation 4 Batman Arkham Knight Bundle + Final Fantasy Type-0 HD + 12 Months of PlayStation Plus – $399.99 (Ends at 12:10 PM)
- The Order: 1886 Premium Edition – $39.99 (Ends at 12:10 AM)
- The Voice With Microphone – $4.99 (Ends at 12:10 AM)
- Razer Kraken PRO Over Ear PC and Music Headset (Begins at 8:40 PM)
- Razer Naga Epic Rechargable Wireless MMO PC Gaming Mouse (Begins at 8:40 PM)
- Razer Tartarus Gaming Keypad (Begins at 8:40 PM)
UPDATE (7:10 PM): Prime Day 2015 is beginning to wind down (and some people aren’t entirely happy about what’s been offered), but Amazon is still posting new deals…
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition for Xbox One – $35.00 (Ends at 9:10 PM)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition for PS3/Xbox 360 – $25.00 (Ends at 9:10 PM)
- The Legend of Korra – $4.99 (Ends at 9:10 PM)
- Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark – $8.99 (Ends at 10:10 PM)
- PlayStation 4 Camera – $29.99 (Ends at 11:10 PM)
- Mortal Kombat X: Kollector’s Edition – $49.99 (Ends at 11:10 PM)
- AceShot Thumb Grips for Xbox One – $7.99 (Ends at 11:10 PM)
UPDATE (3:55 PM): Are you in the market for a 3DS? If you act fast, you can grab one as part of Amazon’s latest update to the Prime Day 2015 page. There’s a few other new deals of note too…
- New Nintendo 3DS XL + Charger Bundle – $195.99 (Ends at 5:10 PM)
- ASTRO Gaming A38 Wireless Headset – $119.99 (Ends at 7:10 PM)
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance MMO/RTS Laser Gaming Mouse – $54.99 (Ends at 7:40 PM)
Previous Prime Day deals, many still available by joining a waitlist, can be found after the break. (more…)