Voice actor strike reveals unannounced games like Lego Marvel 2, Brothers in Arms, more
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard on PlayStation VR Hands-On Preview: A Resident Evil 20th Anniversary Tour Report
The Big List of Nintendo Switch Games
Call of Duty: Zombies comic book miniseries will launch in October
Voice actors represented by SAG-AFTRA union go on strike against game developers
Monster Boy announced for Nintendo Switch; Oceanhorn likely in development as well
Daily Scoop: October 24, 2016 – I’m back!
Nintendo Switch won’t offer “second screen” option, but will support Amiibos
Weekly Warp-Up: Nintendo Switch, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last Guardian… It Begins…
New Retail Releases: Titanfall 2, World of Final Fantasy, Skyrim Special Edition, More
- Love Warp Zoned?
SUPPORT US HERE
Weekly Warp-Up: Hollywood Edition
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Overture, curtains, lights,
This is it, you’ll hit the heights
And oh what heights we’ll hit
On with the show this is it
OK, I’m not Bugs Bunny, and this is not the start of the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show, but Hollywood came calling for video games in a big way this week. Or rather, the gamemakers are calling Hollywood. Activision started things off by opening Activision Blizzard Studios, a film and television production company that plans to create a Call of Duty cinematic universe and a Skylanders animated series. But they’re going to have to come out swinging if they want to create something as memorable as Metroid: The Sky Calls, a fan film that pays homage to the 60s and 70s cinema that inspired the original Metroid. Oh, and we also got a glimpse at the upcoming Warcraft film.
More news from the week that was can be found after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Red Barrels announced that Outlast II will be released for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One in Fall 2016.
- Battleborn has a new release date: May 3, 2016.
- EA pushed up Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 and will release it on February 23.
- A Super Mario Maker update added the Checkpoint Flag, context-sensitive powerups, Event Courses, and a Nintendo Course World.
- Iggy Pop’s “Lust For Life” lead this week’s Rock Band 4 DLC Update.
- Knight Squad, a Gauntlet/Bomberman hybrid, will be available on November 16.
- Fallout 4 – “Launch Trailer”
- Pokken Tournament – “Shadow Mewtwo”
- Rise of the Tomb Raider – “Launch Trailer”
Rumor Has It
- Super Mario Producer Takashi Tezuka has “interesting things” planned for the franchise.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Call of Duty Black Ops III, Need For Speed, Yo-Kai Watch, more
- Nintendo Download: Yo-Kai Watch, Rodea: The Sky Soldier, Snoopy’s Grand Adventure, more
- PlayStation Store: Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Need For Speed, Dragon Fin Soup, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Need For Speed, Snoopy’s Grand Adventure, Barbie and Her Sisters: Puppy Rescue
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, StarCraft: Legacy of the Void, more
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
New Releases: Call of Duty Black Ops III, Need For Speed, Yo-Kai Watch, More
Weekly Warp-Up: Paris Games Week 2015
Weekly Warp-Up: Bundle Up Edition