The Warp Zoned crew is all in agreement about one game for November, and that’s Fallout 4! We mention a few others, but let’s face it: we’re all excited to leave yet another vault. Read on to see what else we have to say about the coming month!
Where did all the games go? November is usually packed with wall-to-wall new releases culminating in some of the biggest games of the year. But that doesn’t seem to be how this year is going to go. Sure, there’s some big titles, but it’s less like an avalanche and more like a snowman toppling over.
Oh well, at least we still get Bethesda’s Fallout 4 this month. I’ve never devoted much time to the other games set in the Wasteland, but Bethesda’s S.P.E.C.I.A.L. video series (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck) almost single-handedly sold me on the fourth entry in the series. And after this Summer’s Mad Max: Fury Road, I’m ready to explore a new post-apocalyptic landscape.
Rise of the Tomb Raider launches on the same day as Fallout 4 and Lara Croft’s next adventure is another one that I’m looking forward to this month. I was a big fan of 2013’s Tomb Raider reboot and the sequel looks to deliver more of the same… along with more tombs. And I’m even loving the Karen O-penned theme song and accompanying launch trailer. That’s how you get an audience excited for a game.
Finally this month, I’m really looking forward to Knight Squad, which I first played at this year’s PAX East expo. Never heard of Knight Squad before? Well, it’s best described as a fusion of Gaunlet and Bomberman. And that’s it, that’s all you need to know. OK, it’ll also be part of the Xbox One’s Games With Gold program, so you’ve got no reason not to try it out.
I wasn’t on the hype train at first, but I’ll admit it… I’m totally into Fallout 4 and I’m stoked to play it! That and Star Wars: Battlefront look amazing. Other than that – ah, who am I kidding! I’m not going to have any time this month to do anything else! And I’m actually really glad to say that. It’s good to have great games to play!
There is only one game for me in November (since Rise of the Tomb Raider is an Xbox One exclusive), and that’s Fallout 4. I didn’t realize just how much I had missed the dark humour of the Wasteland until I started playing Fallout Shelter. Bring on the Super Mutants!
Bah. I remember when November was the be-all and end-all of video game releases. Now that that’s been pushed to January and February, and I honestly see nothing this month that interests me. I’m sure Fallout 4 will be amazing, but I never really had a lot of interest in the series. I also was initially hyped for Star Wars: Battlefront, but after playing the beta, I was left rather unimpressed. Oh well, this gives me a good opportunity to delve into my backlog. Condemned: Criminal Origins, anyone?
Continue on for a complete look at the November 2015 release schedule.
November 2015 Release Calendar
November 3, 2015
- Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers (PS4)
- Dragon Fin Soup (PC, PS3, PS4, Vita)
- Need For Speed (PS4, Xbox One)
- Norn9: Var Commons (Vita)
- The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure (3DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Shovel Knight [Retail Version] (3DS, PS4, Wii U)
November 6, 2015
November 10, 2015
- Fallout 4 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Rodea: The Sky Soldier (3DS, Wii U)
- StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC)
- Superbeat: Xonic (Vita)
November 13, 2015
- Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (Wii U)
November 16, 2015
- Knight Squad (PC, Xbox One)
November 17, 2015
- Borderlands Triple Pack (PS3, Xbox 360)
- The Crew: Wild Run Edition (PS4, Xbox One)
- Game of Thrones [Retail Version] (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Star Wars: Battlefront (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song (PS4, Vita)
November 19, 2015
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (PC)
- Typoman (Wii U)
November 20, 2015
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Wii U)
- Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
- Stella Glow (3DS)
November 24, 2015
- WRC 5 [Retail Version] (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)