Warp Zoned Wish List: What We Want From the Resident Evil 2 Remake
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is likely in development for the Nintendo Switch
New Releases: Oculus Rift, MLB The Show 16, Resident Evil 6, More
Hungarian company uses racing game on Xbox One to train their self-driving cars
Here's a 14-second teaser trailer for Gun Media's Friday the 13th: The Game
Super Mario Run won’t be released for the Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Switch exclusive Seasons of Heaven announced by AnyArts Productions
Nintendo Download: Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo Edition, Metroid Other M, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, more
Doom’s latest Free Update adds bots, new SnapMap options, and more
Daily Scoop: December 8, 2016 – Daedalic Publisher Weekend at Steam
- Love Warp Zoned?
SUPPORT US HERE
The Games of June 2016
We’re all over the map here at Warp Zoned when it comes to what we’re excited to play this coming month! God Eater: Resurrection, Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst, and Mighty No. 9 are all games we’re looking forward to – though we are pretty disappointed about No Man’s Sky. That’s OK, though, because we’re all really excited about E3!
Anyway, hit the jump to see what we’re looking forward to playing in June.
It feels like I have waited for an eternity, but the release of Keiji Inafune’s Mighty No. 9 is finally within sight. I don’t know what to expect from Inafune, and his team at Comcept, after so many years in development, but I also know that side-scrolling platformers like this don’t come around every day. So conflicted… but not for much longer.
I’ve searched my feelings, and I’m definitely not conflicted about Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The Lego series of video game adaptations have always hit the mark, and a new one based on one of my favorite movies of 2015 is just what the Summer is for.
The game I’m most excited for in June is God Eater: Resurrection! I loved Gods Eater Burst so much, and I’m glad it’s finally getting some recognition. And the good news is that pre-ordering God Eater 2: Rage Burst nets a free copy of Resurrection! So righteous.
The only other game I’m looking forward to is Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir. I downloaded the demo last week, though I haven’t had a chance to play it yet. But I’ve heard great things!
I would be curious to see how Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter plays, but for me the highlight of June has to be Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst, because (I am ashamed to admit) I never played the cult classic original. I know people who absolutely adore the first game, so I’m looking forward to trying it on new-gen consoles and seeing if it lives up to the nostalgic hype.
Well, I WAS looking forward to No Man’s Sky, but after the delay, looks like that one’s off the table. Not that I have a problem with the delay, mind you, because a delayed game might eventually become a better game. It just irks me that I have to wait. But, as Kelly Bundy said, “Case of rum, case of rum.”
Speaking of delays, I will look into Mighty No. 9. I know there was a ton of negative backlash, but the Mega Man fan in me just can’t turn away from it. I sure hope it lives up to its spiritual predecessor.
May was so packed with releases that I’m actually glad to see No Man’s Sky get pushed back. June is now going to be taken up with finishing up Doom and way too many late nights playing Overwatch.
I struggled to get into The Witcher 3 last year, but my love of the previous games in the series and all of the critical buzz around it made me feel as though the problem was definitely with me and not the game. The release of its most recent expansion, Blood and Wine, has me determined to give it one last try to see what all the fuss is about, and with June looking fairly empty, now seems like the perfect time.
Continue on for a complete look at the June 2016 release schedule.
June 2016 Release Calendar
June 1, 2016
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PC)
June 2, 2016
- Transformers: Earth Wars (Mobile)
June 3, 2016
- Among the Sleep (Xbox One)
- Hard Reset Redux (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
June 6, 2016
- Edge of Nowhere (PC)
June 7, 2016
- Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (PS4, Vita)
- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Wii U)
- Fenix Furia (PS4, Xbox One)
- Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (PS3, PS4)
- Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (PS3, PS4, Vita)
- Psychonauts (PS4)
- Soul Axiom (PS4, Xbox One)
- SteamWorld Heist (PC, PS4, Vita)
- Toki Tori 2 Plus (PS4)
June 10, 2016
- Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter (PC)
June 14, 2016
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One)
June 17, 2016
- Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Wii U)
June 21, 2016
- Deadlight: Director’s Cut (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Mighty No. 9 (PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- MXGP 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Umbrella Corps (PC, PS4)
June 24, 2016
June 28, 2016
- 7 Days To Die (PS4, Xbox One)
- God Eater: Resurrection (PS4, Vita)
- Grand Kingdom (PS4, Vita)
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven (PS4)
- Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (3DS, PC, PS3, PS4, Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Prison Architect (PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- Resident Evil 5 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4)
- The Technomancer (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Terraria (Wii U)
- Zero Time Dilemma (3DS, Vita)