The Big List of Nintendo Switch Games: Nintendo Switch Presentation Update
343 Industries is working on "super secret future stuff" related to Halo
New Releases: Oculus Rift, MLB The Show 16, Resident Evil 6, More
Here's a 14-second teaser trailer for Gun Media's Friday the 13th: The Game
Square Enix will release Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV animated film this Fall
CoD: Infinite Warfare, Battlefield 1, The Division are the best-selling games of 2016
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare repeats as the best-selling game of December 2016
Nintendo Download: Dragon Quest VIII, Punch Club, Star Fox 64, more
Latest trailer for Call of Cthulhu: The Game is full of Lovecraftian scares
Daily Scoop: January 19, 2017 – Get Deadpool for just $19.99
Weekly Warp-Up: Batman V Superman V Warp Zoned
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Despite a rather rough critical reception, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice set box office records this weekend. So naturally, the battle between DC’s twin titans spilled over into the video game realm too.
Earlier this week, Telltale Games invited the world into their Batcave and gave everyone a sneak peek at Batman: A Telltale Game Series. Most of the good stuff (like some screenshots or a trailer) is still hidden around the next corner, but we do know that players will be able to control both Bruce Wayne and the Batman.
We also replayed the Batman: Arkham adventures this week to help prepare our argument for 4 Ways to Bring Back the Arkham Series. None of them involve Superman, but I’m sure Rocksteady has at least thought about a game adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns.
Elsewhere on Warp Zoned this week, Agent 47’s bald head got a chance to shine. First, we took a look at the Hitman: Intro Pack, and later, we examined IO Interactive’s questionable advertising choices in the light of the Brussels Attack in Hitman, Brussels, and Showing Restraint After a Tragedy.
And happy anniversary to the Resident Evil franchise. The staff took a stroll down memory lane this week in Resident Evil Reflections.
You can read all about the rest of the week that was after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Nordic Games plans to release four massive RPGs in the next two years.
- Mercury Steam is working on a new science fiction adventure.
- The Banner Saga 2 will be released for PC on April 19, with a PS4/Xbox One release coming this Summer.
- Battleborn’s Open Beta will launch on April 8 (for PS4) and April 13 (for the PC and Xbox One).
- Minecraft: Story Mode’s final chapter will be available this coming week, and Telltale will produce three bonus episodes later this year.
- Sega will release Yakuza Zero in Early 2017.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s “Nuk3town” map is now free for everybody.
- Telltale reconfirmed that The Walking Dead Season 3 will be released this year.
- Bethesda detailed Doom‘s six multiplayer modes.
- Hyper Light Drifter will be released for the PC on March 31, with a console release coming later.
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice will be released on September 27.
- Naughty Dog has officially completed development on Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt won “Game of the Year” at 2016 SXSW Gaming Awards.
- Daisy Ridley is “in talks” to play Lara Croft in the rebooted Tomb Raider film franchise.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Hyrule Warriors Legends, TrackMania Turbo, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo, Republique
- Nintendo Download: Hyrule Warriors Legends, SNES Classics on 3DS, Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, more
- PlayStation Store: Day of the Tentacle Remastered, TrackMania Turbo, Manhunt, more
- Xbox Games Store: Stranger of Sword City, TrackMania Turbo, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Oculus Rift, MLB The Show 16, Resident Evil 6, more
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
New Releases: Hyrule Warriors Legends, TrackMania Turbo, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo, Republique
Nintendo and Tecmo Koei will team up for Hyrule Warriors in 2014
Weekly Warp-Up: A Bunch of Stuff Happened at GDC 2016…