The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time #34: Super Mario Bros. 3
Here's a 14-second teaser trailer for Gun Media's Friday the 13th: The Game
Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV is an anime prequel series to the game and the first episode is available now
Final Fantasy XV: Platinum Demo is available now and includes a side-story that's not part of the full game
Square Enix will release Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV animated film this Fall
WB Games reopens Disney Infinity developer to work on Cars 3 tie-in game
Daily Scoop: January 24, 2017 – Crypt of the NecroDancer on sale at Steam
Compete in Overwatch’s Year of the Rooster event now until February 13
He’s not even supposed to be here today… Kevin Smith will battle Zombies in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s “Rave in the Redwoods” DLC
Mario Sports Superstars will be released for the 3DS on March 24
Weekly Warp-Up: Gamescom 2016 In Review…
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
This year’s Gamescom expo was a relatively low-key event, though Konami managed to surprise everyone by announcing Metal Gear Survive, the first game in the Metal Gear franchise without Hideo Kojima’s involvement. Though we still know very little about it, fans don’t seem pleased that Konami decided to add interdimensional zombies to a franchise best known for its deeply philosophical themes.
Less surprising was The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild‘s coronation as the “Best of Gamescom.” After it’s massive unveiling at E3, Nintendo’s upcoming adventure game continues to overshadow every other game currently in development.
Elsewhere on Warp Zoned this week, we took a look at Dangerous Golf, the first game from the ex-Burnout devs at Three Fields Entertainment.
You can find more news from Gamescom after the break including updates on Injustice 2, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, and Mass Effect.
New Game Announcements
- Activision officially announced Destiny: The Collection will be available on September 20.
Pre-Launch Updates and Release Date Announcements
- Capy delayed Below, but it’ll have a “firm release date” the next time we hear from them.
- Metanet Software will release N++ for PC on August 25.
- 2K Games added 36 more wrestlers to WWE 2K17 including “Macho Man” Randy Savage.
- Suicide Squad members Harley Quinn and Deadshot have been added to Injustice 2.
- Titanfall 2‘s “Open Multiplayer Technical Test” kicked off this weekend on the PS4 and Xbox One.
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s Zombies Mode will go back to the 80s with “Zombies In Spaceland.”
- Axiom Verge will be released for the Wii U on September 1.
- Square Enix delayed Final Fantasy XV‘s release to November 29.
Other Game News
- Splatoon‘s “Testfire Demo” will return next week.
- Microsoft will host a Pre-PAX Open House for ID@Xbox games on September 1.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – “Magnesis Trial”
- Madden NFL 17 – “Start Me”
- Overwatch – “Animated Short: The Last Bastion”
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – “Gamescom 2016 Trailer”
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – “Temple of Time”
Rumor Has It
- Square Enix is considering a Nintendo NX port of Dragon Quest Builders.
- An EA Vice President said a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster is “most likely” in the works during Gamescom.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Style Savvy: Fashion Forward, F1 2016, more
- Nintendo Download: Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Style Savvy: Fashion Forward, Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, more
- PlayStation Store: Inversus, Grow Up, Uno, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Uno, Grow Up, Valentino Rossi, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Slime Rancher (Game Preview), F1 2016
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Madden NFL 17, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, The King of Fighters XIV, more