No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
The Gamescom expo in Cologne, Germany has been the place to be all week and it’s still the place to be today. What started as a small show for European publishers and developers has grown into one of the largest gaming conventions in the world and this year’s show features an impressive batch announcements and reveals to match.
With that out of the way, on to the Gamescom news!
Release Date Updates
- Do you find it hard to keep up with all the latest release dates? So do we. That’s why we regularly publish a digest of newly-announced and newly-changed release dates. The latest Video Game Release Calendar Changelog covers as many pre-Gamescom 2015 announcements as we could find including Zombie, Dishonored: Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and many more.
New Game Announcements
- The next World of Warcraft expansion will be known as World of Warcraft: Legion.
- Mafia III will take place in the 1960s when its released next year.
- Threaks announced Retro Invasion, a shooter/brawler mash-up.
- Killer Instinct Season 3 will kick off in March and Rash will join the game as a guest character.
- Halo Wars 2 is officially in development at Creative Assembly and will be released next Fall.
- Star Wars: Battlefront won this year’s “Best of Gamescom” award.
- Just Dance 2016 will receive a lip-syncing Showtime Mode this Fall.
- Activision confirmed StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void will launch in 2015.
- The next wave of Amiibo figures will be available on September 11.
- Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes will be available on October 23.
- Gearbox’s Battleborn will be released on February 9, 2016.
- Mighty No. 9 was officially delayed to “Early 2016.”
- Mega Man Legacy Collection will be released on August 25 and a physical version is planned for next year.
- Harmonix added The Black Keys, Fall Out Boy, System of a Down, and more to Rock Band 4.
- Lego Avengers will be released on January 26.
- Microsoft revealed a first look at Crackdown 3 and promised a Multiplayer Beta in Summer 2016.
- Remedy’s Quantum Break will be released on April 5, 2016.
- The Kickstarter campaign for Red Ash: The Indelible Legend failed, but the game will still be produced.
- Capcom added Vega to Street Fighter V.
- Hinterland released a substantial update for The Long Dark that changes nearly everything about how the game works.
- If you buy Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on the Xbox One, you’ll also receive access to the first four games in the series on the Xbox 360 for free.
- Final Fantasy XV – “Gamescom 2015 Trailer”
- Dark Souls III – “Gamescom 2015 Gameplay Trailer”
- Unravel – “Gamescom 2015 Gameplay Trailer”
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – “Gamescom 2015 Trailer + Gamescom 2015 Gameplay Trailer”
- Killer Instinct Season 3 – “Rash”
- Homefront: The Revolution – “Gamescom 2015 “Thank You” Trailer + Gamescom 2015 Gameplay Trailer”
- Scalebound – “Gamescom 2015 Trailer”
Rumor Has It
- Final Fantasy XV will likely be released in 2016.
- The Uncharted movie was delayed to 2017 while Resident Evil 6 has been set for a January 2017 premiere.
- An in-depth report on Konami‘s corporate policies don’t paint the company in a good light.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Rare Replay, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
- Nintendo Download: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Picross E6, more
- PlayStation Store: Galak-Z: The Dimensional, The Castle Game, AeternoBlade, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Rare Replay, Boggle, Sheltered (Game Preview), more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Beatbuddy, Submerged, The Swindle
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Toy Soldiers: War Chest, XBlaze Lost: Memories