Resident Evil 7: Biohazard on PlayStation VR Hands-On Preview: A Resident Evil 20th Anniversary Tour Report
Call of Duty: Zombies comic book miniseries will launch in October
Weekly Warp-Up: Final Fantasy XV on the Nintendo NX???
New Retail Releases: Battlefield 1, Civilization VI, Skylanders Imaginators, More
Nintendo Download: Disney Magical World 2, Severed, Animal Crossing Wild World, more
Pac-Man Champion Edition 2 Review: Ghost Train to Paradise
Xbox Store Today: Battlefield 1, Jackbox Party Pack 3, Slain, more
Voice actor strike reveals unannounced games like Lego Marvel 2, Brothers in Arms, more
Voice actors represented by SAG-AFTRA union go on strike against game developers
Sports! NBA 2K17, Madden 17, FIFA 17, NHL 17 are the best-selling games in September 2016
- Love Warp Zoned?
SUPPORT US HERE
Weekly Warp-Up: Knocking on Autumn’s Door 2015 Edition
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
This year’s Fall gaming rush is almost here, but first we’ve got to get the last few weeks of Summer out of the way first. For example, did you know Nintendo held a Splatoon Global Testfire this weekend? It’s still going on and today’s your last chance to get in on a free weekend for one of this Summer’s best games. And speaking of good games that were released this Summer, we recently posted a review of Lego Jurassic World. If you like Lego games, it’s very likely worth your time.
But it’s hard to think about the Fall without looking even further afield to this Winter, when Sony plans to host the second annual PlayStation Experience. The two-day expo moves to San Francisco this year and will likely be just as jam-packed full of demos and announcements as the 2014 edition.
More news from the week that was is available after the break.
New Game Announcements
- In a surprise to no one, Pokken Tournament is coming to the Wii U in Spring 2016.
- Activision announced Skylanders BattleCast, a mobile card game set in the Skylanders universe.
- Square Enix announced the demos and panels they’ll bring to PAX Prime 2015.
- The price tag of Nintendo’s 2DS handheld will drop to $99.99 on August 30.
- Ubisoft announced the demos they’ll bring to PAX Prime 2015.
- Nintendo announced Yo-Kai Watch will be released on November 6.
- The Wii U version of Freedom Planet was delayed.
- The next North American Splatfest for Splatoon will be a battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege was pushed back to December 1.
- Van Halen’s “Panama” has been added to Rock Band 4 with more songs from the band in the works as post-launch DLC.
- Sony plans to sell a Limited Edition “Darth Vader” PS4 Bundle this November.
- Studio 4℃ started another crowdfunding campaign for the Red Ash anime.
- A dedicated gamer just finished an extremely difficult “You Only Live Once” playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas.
- Retro Media revealed a few more details about their cartridge-based Retro VGS console.
- Activision revealed the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 soundtrack.
- Tales From the Borderlands: Escape Plan Bravo – “Launch Trailer”
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: LBX: Little Battlers Experience, Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal, Madden NFL 16 + Xbox One 1TB Bundle, more
- Nintendo Download: The Bridge, LBX: Little Battlers Experience, 3D Gunstar Heroes, more
- PlayStation Store: Zombi, Volume, The Bridge, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Zombi, Smite, Velocity 2X, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Clash, Bridge Constructor, Adventures of Pip, Pure Hold ‘Em
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Madden NFL 16, Disney Infinity Star Wars, Until Dawn, more