Nintendo dates Star Fox Zero, Fatal Frame 5, Devil's Third, and more games for this Fall
Kickstart This! Anniversary Interview: Bendik Stang of Snowcastle Games Takes A Turn to Talk About Earthlock: Festival of Magic
Hype Fatigue: Why I'm Exhausted With Viral Marketing, Elaborate Advertising Campaigns, and Countdowns
Nintendo Download: Disney Infinity Star Wars, Runbow, Sin & Punishment 1 & 2
Nintendo plans to reissue rare Amiibo figures (Little Mac, Villager, Marth, more) this Fall
The Games of September 2015
Daily Scoop: September 2, 2015 – Halfway through the week
Xbox One Elite Bundle with 1TB Hybrid Drive, Elite Controller coming this November
Xbox Store Today: MGS5: The Phantom Pain, Mad, Max, Disney Infinity Star Wars, more
Extreme Exorcism busts its way to release on September 23
Weekly Warp-Up: Obsolete Used Games Edition
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
It’s not fit for man nor beast outside! The northeast is still digging themselves out after yesterday’s massive snowstorm, so it’s a great time to sit around and talk about rumors. Like the one that says the Xbox 720/Durango will include a Blu-ray disc drive, a used games lockout system, and an improved Kinect sensor. Putting next-generation games on Blu-ray makes total sense. As does an upgraded Kinect sensor. But there will not be a used game lockout system on any next-generation system. It is impossible. How impossible?
Warm up with even more rumors (and some actual news) after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- Halo 4: Spartan Ops Episode 7: 7 Really is Number 1
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Dead Space 3, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Dead Space 3, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, First of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Special Forces: Team X
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: First of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2, Brain Age: Concentration Training, Mega Man II, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Aliens: Colonial Marines, Brain Age: Concentration Training, Omerta: City of Gangsters, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Dark Horse has announced that The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia is one of their most popular books ever with a print run of 400,000 copies.
- Journey and The Walking Dead win big at the 2013 D.I.C.E. Awards.
- Nintendo will release a special Zombie Wii U system bundle on February 17.
- Star Wars Pinball will be available to download this month.
- Are you ready for more Skylanders? I hope so as Activision has announced Skylanders Swap Force.
- CD Projekt RED announces one of the first next-generation games, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Naughty Dog has unveiled “the infected” from The Last of Us in a new gameplay video.
- XSEED has confirmed that they’ll publish Killer Is Dead in North America.
- The Madden Super Bowl Simulation was right again as the Ravens won Super Bowl XLVII.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Call of Duty 10 has been confirmed as a 2013 release by Activision.
- Bungie plans to announce new details on Destiny soon. But the game may have been delayed into 2014.
- The next Assassin’s Creed game will be released this year or early in 2014.
- Evolution Studios is likely working on a new racing game for the PlayStation 4/Orbis.
- Project Gotham Racing 5 might be in development at Lucid Games and it might be an Xbox 720/Durango launch title.
- XCOM (the first person shooter spinoff) is still on track for a 2013/2014 release.
J.J. Abrams and Gabe Newell are sitting on the stage, C-O-L-L-A-B-O-R-A-T-I-N-G. During their D.I.C.E. keynote, the Star Trek director and the Valve founder announced plans to turn Portal and Half-Life into movies. Oh, and J.J. Abrams has an idea for a game too.
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
PSN Today: Dead Space 3, Sly Cooper 4, Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2, more
New Releases: Dead Space 3, Sly Cooper 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening, More
Weekly Warp-Up: GTA5 Edition