No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
With the E3 Expo and Gamescom in the rearview mirror, it’s time to enter that dead zone where there’s very little news coming down the pike and even fewer new games ahead of the Fall rush. But a few things of note did happen this week.
For example, Our own Josh Griffiths helped produce an English adaptation of the Metal Gear Solid audio drama that was first released in 1998 in Japan. Also this week, Blizzard confirmed that they are hiring for an “Unannounced Diablo Project.” And Jonathan Nolan said that his HBO-bound Westworld remake looked to Red Dead Redemption and BioShock for inspiration. There’s even the rather scandalous news that a video of Fallout 4‘s Gamescom demo is now viewable on Pornhub.
The lengths some fans will go to. Thankfully, it’s easy to find the rest of this week’s important news. It’s available after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 4 will hit Steam on September 18.
- Black Holmes is the next game from the developer of Hatoful Boyfriend.
- Capcom announced that a Resident Evil 2 remake is in development.
- The “Rainmaker” match type is now available in Splatoon.
- Lego Jurassic World was the best-selling game of July 2015.
- Energy Hook is now available through Steam Early Access.
- Square Enix plans to give Final Fantasy XV a simultaneous global release.
- The fourth episode of Tales From the Borderlands will launch on August 18.
- Treyarch offered up some details about the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops III beta.
- The Indie Megabooth has announced its massive PAX Prime 2015 presence.
- PlayStation Plus subscribers who pre-order Rock Band 4 will receive a bonus pack containing 10 songs.
- Grand Theft Auto V has sold 54 million copies but its single-player expansion is still MIA.
- GRIN, the developer behind Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries, has closed down.
- The “Beta Build” of 20XX will fill a mighty void when its released on September 15.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – “Combat Movement”
- Super Mario Maker – “Overview Trailer”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – “Beta Preview”
- Pac-Man 256 – “Gamescom 2015 Gameplay Trailer”
Rumor Has It
- It’s going to be “a very long time” before we hear anything about The Elder Scrolls VI.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Toy Soldiers: War Chest, XBlaze Lost: Memories
- Nintendo Download: Pandora’s Tower, Wind-Up Knight 2, more
- PlayStation Store: Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, Toy Soldiers: War Chest, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Toy Soldiers: War Chest, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Prototype, Prototype 2
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): The Bridge, Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings, Commander Cherry’s Puzzled Journey
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: LBX: Little Battlers Experience, Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal, Madden NFL 16 1TB System Bundle, more