No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
We’re fated to learn more about Bungie’s Destiny sometime today. And in just three short days, Sony will detail all of their PS4/Orbis plans (probably). But the week that was still held a few interesting tidbits.
For example, our Interview with Jamie Fristrom. Back when he worked at Treyarch, Fristrom created the webswinging mechanic for Spider-Man 2. Nowadays, he’s a one-man-band working on Energy Hook, an indie game that makes heavy use of a grapple gun.
And with the return of The Walking Dead to television, we also examined Five TV Shows That Should Be Games.
Destiny awaits. And so does the rest of the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- Halo 4: Spartan Ops Episode 9: Back On (Treaded) Track
- Halo 4: Spartan Ops Episode 8: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Aliens: Colonial Marines, Brain Age: Concentration Training, Omerta: City of Gangsters, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dragonborn, Persona 4: Arena, Twisted Metal, Twisted Metal Black, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels Plus
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Wii Street U, Dig Dug, Rabbids Travel in Time 3D, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Crysis 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Angry Birds Trilogy flies high on the Wii and Wii U this year.
- Surprise, surprise. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is the bestselling game on January 2013.
- Mario’s brother is going to be in the spotlight this year thanks to the “New Super Luigi” DLC planned for New Super Mario Bros. U.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf takes a moving truck to the 3DS on June 9.
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Mario Golf: World Tour are coming to 3DS this Summer
- Sony has delayed the release of The Last of Us to June 14.
- A recent study performed by GameStop has confirmed what we all expected to be true: 60% of video game buyers won’t buy a system that blocks used games.
- The Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution map pack will be available for the PC and PS3 on February 28.
- The 90s Arcade Racer will get a rolling start on mobile devices, the PC, and the Wii U soon.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- This might be our first look at the PlayStation 4 controller.
- Electronic Arts expects to release 10-15 next-generation games during the “console transition period.”
- An ad in a comic book has revealed that Deadpool will come to the PS3 and Xbox 360 this Summer.
- According to a WB executive, Batman: Arkham Asylum 3 will be released this Fall.
- Nintendo Japan will add Pokemon Scramble U to the Wii U eShop this Spring.
- Media Molecule is working on a secret project that’s currently known as “question mark.”
Are you interested in a piece of prose poetry inspired by Hotline Miami? Because you should be.