Nintendo Switch Presentation: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition and Master Edition revealed
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
New Releases: Oculus Rift, MLB The Show 16, Resident Evil 6, More
Here's a 14-second teaser trailer for Gun Media's Friday the 13th: The Game
Final Fantasy XV: Platinum Demo is available now and includes a side-story that's not part of the full game
Weekly Warp-Up: Nintendo Switch Presentation Recap
New Retail Releases: Gravity Rush 2, Dragon Quest VIII, Fate Extella The Umbral Star
Untitled Tales Game, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Taiko Drum Master coming to Nintendo Switch
Puyo Puyo Tetris is coming to the Nintendo Switch (and the PS4) this Spring
Did you miss the Shin Megami Tensei: Brand New Title trailer during the Nintendo Switch Presentation?
Weekly Warp-Up: Nintendo Schedules the Final Splatfest…
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Nintendo has a habit of sticking to tried and true franchise these days, but they took a big leap of faith with Splatoon last year and it paid off handsomely. The game sold millions of copies and made stars out of the Squid Sisters, Callie and Marie. Earlier this week, the consolemaker announced that Splatoon’s final Splatfest event will take place on July 22… but it’s certainly been quite a ride.
Hopefully we’ll get more Splatoon on the NX, but in the meantime, you can read the third part in our history of horror games right here: It’s In Your Blood: A History of Horror Games (Part Three).
And you can find the rest of this week’s news after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Slayer Shock is a procedurally-generated homage to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- BioShock: The Collection will be released for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One on September 13.
- Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards will bring together characters from American Dad, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, Futurama, and King of the Hill.
Pre-Launch Updates and Release Date Announcements
- Blizzard is hiring a Game Director for their “Unannounced Diablo Project.”
- Thumper, a “rhythm violence game” for PlayStation VR, will be released on October 13.
- Energy Hook will swing onto the PC and PS4 next week.
- Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius is now available to download for mobile devices.
- Battlefield 1 blew away the competition with five nominations from Game Critics Awards in their Best of E3 2016 tally.
- Tumblestone will launch on July 12.
- Batman: Return to Arkham was indefinitely delayed by WB Games.
- Telltale is “aiming” to release all five episodes in their Batman series by December.
- WWE 2K17 got an October 11 release date and a Cover Reveal Trailer featuring Brock Lesnar.
- Team Bondi’s followup to L.A. Noire, Whore of the Orient, has likely been canceled.
- Sonic Team’s new Sonic the Hedgehog game will be announced at Comic-Con and released in 2017.
Other Game News
- Shenmue III is “coming together” on the first anniversary of its Kickstarter campaign.
- Halo 5: Guardians’s Warzone Firefight expansion is now available. Xbox Live Gold subscribers can play the full game for free through July 5.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III‘s Descent DLC Pack will include four multiplayer maps, zombies, and dragons.
- Balrog was added to Street Fighter V‘s “June Update,” which was pushed back to July 1. Capcom had a lot to say about his abilities too.
- Yacht Club Games is asking their fans to help choose their next project.
- Street Fighter V – “Story Mode”
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – “Han Solo and Chewbacca”
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – “Rey”
- Warner Bros. will release the Minecraft movie on May 24, 2019.
- A quartet of new novels will fill in the story between Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Rumor Has It
- Shigeru Miyamoto revealed a bit about why Nintendo hasn’t shared much about their NX console.
New Release Round-Up
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, Grand Kingdom, more
- Nintendo Download: Super Mario RPG, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Zero Time Dilemma, more
- PlayStation Store: Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, 7 Days to Die, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Inside, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, 7 Days to Die, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): The Banner Saga 2, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II, Prison Architect, more
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Rocket League, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII, Carmageddon: Max Damage